Smith Kids MSU Tailgate

Smith Kids MSU Tailgate
Dominica, Veronica, Rebel and Miranda

Friday, March 16, 2012

Coaching

I met with a coach yesterday and much to everyone's surprise it wasn't a running coach.  As addicted to running as I am, I actually met with a writing coach.  It seems kind of silly to me to have a writing coach; I mean it's not like I typically break a sweat while writing. But I guess like any skill writing takes practice and who better to help you practice than a coach!  It was an extremely helpful meeting and I have all kinds of ideas for writing my book and now I feel like maybe I really can do it! 

On the television front, our TV has pretty much been on non stop for the past ten days.  Unfortunately, I am serious.  We've been watching PBS kids like it's going off the air and will never be shown again. Not ever.  And at night we've been watching movies and all kinds of low quality night time television programming.  This is all true because our kids have all been sick with a nasty cold, flu like bug and I am going crazy having to care for them and listen to them whine and clean up their nasty germ riden messes and be a mom.  I guess you win some, you lose some. 

I would be remise if I didn't mention March Madness.  Even if you aren't a sports nut, it's kind of a big deal.  The past two nights basketball has been filling the house with all kinds of excitement. Tonight more so than last night.  I can't believe Lehigh just won; I can't believe Duke just lost!  Since my husband is a Duke hater (and I try to be a supportive wife) I am a very happy lady right now despite the ridiculous amount of television that we have been watching the past several days.  Tomorrow my goals in life are simple.  I am going to go for a run and I am finally going to enjoy the incredible weather that has been going on around here.  I don't care if it means I have to drag sick kids along with me.  So be it. I will be outdoors not inside watching the telly.

Vern Out

No comments:

Post a Comment